Jarrod R. Arellano
Director of Design
AIA, LEED AP BD+C®
Get in Touch
Jarrod began a career in architecture in his hometown of Albuquerque, NM. There, he had the opportunity to earn a great deal of experience on a wide range of projects working for the internationally recognized design firm of Antoine Predock. Jarrod was integral to projects ranging from higher and primary education, federal courthouses, museums, and custom residential projects. With continued growth at the progressive design firm of Jon Anderson Architecture, Jarrod cultivated a broad range of design and project management experience on commercial, educational, and high-end residential projects. In 2015, he relocated to East Tennessee to support his wife, Rana, as a Professor of Interior Architecture at the University of Tennessee, he was fortunate to find work at another Knoxville firm before joining the DIA team in 2019.
Together with the high level of technical and design expertise at DIA, Jarrod not only manages projects but advocates for design and innovation at all levels of the project development. Working towards sustainability and resilience, he aims to create impactful experiences that are beautiful, just, and equitable environments for the community and planet. To support this charge, Jarrod is a Co-Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee for AIA East Tennessee and is a member of the BuildingGreen Sustainable Design Leaders Peer Network.
Jarrod enjoys spirited discussions on world affairs with his son (a future U.S. Senator) and imagining space travel with his daughter (a future astronaut). No pressure, kids! Currently, though, Jarrod reads as much as possible and enjoys traveling abroad with his family.
- Master of Architecture, University of New Mexico, 2003; Passed with Distinction
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, University of New Mexico, 2000
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Registered Architect, Tennessee and New Mexico
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- LEED AP BD+C® Accredited Professional
- National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA)
- AIA East Tennessee | Co-Chair Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Committee
- City of Knoxville Design Review Board | Member 2020-2023
- BuildingGreen | Sustainable Design Leaders Peer Network Member