29 Market Square
Originally built in 1920 by his grandfather, this historic building was purchased by developer John Craigin 2004. Craig invited Design Innovation Architects (DIA) to team with him for the renovations and conversion of the upper three floors to residential use, all in accordance with the Historic Preservation Guidelines of the Secretary of the Interior. With retail on the ground floor, this 10,700-square-foot mixed-use building contributes to the eclectic and diverse mix of occupants on Market Square Mall.
DIA designed a new storefront for the first floor, as well as the new residential space on the upper floors and three private and common-use roof patios. As part of the work, DIA also provided new efficient-egress stairways and upgraded the Building for Code compliance, including all new electrical and mechanical systems.