Alexander IV Senior Living
The Alexander IV Senior Living Facility is an adaptive re-use of the 19932 Alexander Grade School building which is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHS). The building also includes a 1948 addition wing also on the NRHS. The building design is an excellent example of the English Tudor style consisting of the brick base, upper half-timbering (aka: wood frame daub and wattle) which imitates medieval Elizabethan cottages and country houses, and gable roof lines.
DIA is currently designing renovations to this historic building which will convert it to a residential campus to accomodate independent living, assisted living, and memory care. The redesign will include complete exterior and interior renovations and installing modern building systems. The redesign includes a new entrance, lobby, administration offices, living rooms, dining rooms, café, kitchen, courtyards, and many common use and support areas. Site amenities shall include new landscaped parking, outdoor patios, extensive landscaping, and service areas.
The original building is 19,000 sf and the 1948 addition is 9300 sf. The new memory care wing is an additional 16,500 sf.